The goal of the project is:
- strengthening school as the environment where civil and social competences of students are developed, allowing full participation of young people in the public life through essential support for 404 student council supervisors between February and October 2012;
- ensuring appropriate support for student council supervisors and their professional development, as an important element of education policy aimed at improvement of students’ social and civic activity at school.
The objectives are:
- Providing student council supervisors with practical knowledge about methods of stimulating activity of students to develop their civic competences;
- Creation of public, free of charge resources concerning the role of student councils as a tool developing civic skills;
- Increasing awareness of school head teachers, teachers, authorities, employees of the Ministry of National Education, in relation to the role of student council as a tool of civic activity development;
- Encouragement of ODN [Teacher Training Centre] employees responsible for professional education of teachers to offer regular courses and factual support for student council supervisors.